TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How can I adjust brightness on my Sony TV without the

Customer Question
How can I adjust...

How can I adjust brightness on my Sony TV without the original remote?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

55 inch smaster

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. Menu works on my direct tv remote

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

6 months. No problems prior

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Unfortunately, you will need the original remote.

What a scam.

I am sorry that you feel my accurate answer is a scam

you knew that answer and then asked for $26 to tell me that?

I am not sure what you are asking -- I have no way of knowing your issue before you ask the question. Also, I am a technician and not a customer service representative.

Is there nothing on the TV to manually adjust the brightness
Answer me