TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a new Sony Blu-ray Disc Player today at Best Buy…

I bought a new...

I bought a new Sony Blu-ray Disc Player today at Best Buy and hooked it up to my Sony KDS50A2000 television but I cannot get the TV to recognize the HDMI connection. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Just trying to get it to play a DVD at this time. But will want to eventually hook up to NetFlix

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

The internet connection is working fine for everything else in the house like Alexa and my compouter

3/24/2018
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name Martin and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Blu-ray player
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone call. What is first step
Your Sony TV will accept 1080p signal. So you should a picture right away. Have you connected other sources ? Such as a cable box ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The cable box works. But when I try to find the Blu-ray in external equipment it diesn’t Show
I would try to use the HDMI input where the cable box is connected. Are all the sources connected to the TV directly or through an AV receiver ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only external device is cable box. Should I switch those two HDMI cables. Will that disable Cable viewing?
temporarily for testing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Step four of easy setup instructions does nothing like the instructions suggest.
Also make sure that in the TV input assignment the other HDMI inputs are enabled.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does that mean and how do I do that?
In the menu where it says Label inputs. You can change it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The previous DVD player was in video 5 and that is where this one is. The only other label is video 4 for cable box. Not sure how changing label will do anything.
No changing Label will not do anything. I just said that you can find in the Menu " Label inputs" where you can disable and enable inputs. But if a previous player was connected to Video 5. It should be ok. Just disconnect the Cable box video 4 input and insert the Blu-ray player just to see if you get a picture.
I'm checking at your TV inputs and see that your HDMI inputs should be Video 6 and 7. These are the ones you need to use for your Blu-ray player.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that when I switched cables but get nothing on tv screen other than label for video 5, DVD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Video 7 did the trick. Thank you
You're very welcome, and enjoy your system.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as it is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that but when I click on green bar nothing happens
To rate me it should be on the top right side. Thanks
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician