TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung FLAT SCREEN TV model LN32C 45OE id Model…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung FLAT SCREEN TV model LN32C 45OE id Model Code LN32c 4503 ID DX2a I cannot find the antenna course to hook up my indoor antenna. I see where to hook up the cable in the back but when I use my remote to find the Antenna, Air, or BROADCAST result, those re not options

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your LN32C?

No buttons but there are hdmi ports, imputs for jacks, and the coaxle input which is right under the workd ANT IN. That's were I put the coaxle cable for my new indoor antenna.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Well, they're source options - should I be looking at menu options?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Just to clarify, do you use Samsung remote that came with the TV?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Now?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I do not want to pay $26 more for a live call.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Typing a reply on the keyboard takes little time, allow me a couple of minutes to respond

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I want ti troubleshoot in text chat

Sure, we are in text chat and troubleshooting it

Push the Source button on Samsung remote, do you see TV option in input source list among other sources?

OK, please select TV source then press the menu button to get TV menu and go to Channel option to run auto program/ channel search and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It’s in processHang on

Nice, I'm standby

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I had to go to plug and play to access Air
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Said zero channels were memorized
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Didn’t work

Sorry to hear that

Did you select Air/Antenna option in channel menu before running channel search?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Now I’m back to weak or no signal. Never did scan channels
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
choose antenna or air. Don’t remember which. Let me try agsin

OK, try again

Make sure to select AIR option if an antenna is hooked up to the TV to receive local channels

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I did. Chose Air got snow chose antenna got snow

After selecting AIR option run the channel search again, please

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Weak or no signal. Try antenna connection. All connections are tight
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
When I choose channel search, screen goes to snow

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately, it points towards the tuner internal failure as it processes the channel signals since TV doesn't show any channel during the search that means the digital tuner isn't working, sorry for this news

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Can it be fixed or is it something inherent to the tv?

The tuner is mounted on the mainboard of the TV and it needs to replace the mainboard on the TV to resolve the issue

An alternative option is to connect an external tuner box to the TV, plug the antenna into tuner box to receive local channels on this TV

typing more info for you, hold on, please

Click the following link to view an external tuner box info

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Clear-Tuner-Recording-Outputs/dp/B01L9EKNPW/ref=zg_bs_3015428011_10/145-6571028-0231025?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S5FP48NXE0N3MN0SH9MB

Connect the box to HDMI input of the TV, select that input source on the TV to get tuner box home screen, now connect the antenna into tuner box and use its remote to search local channel

This way you won't need to do any repair/ board replacement in the TV

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you.

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician