TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Red light is blinking but the tv doe not work. Samsung

Customer Question
Red light is blinking...

Red light is blinking but the tv doe not work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung model# ***** 4 years i guess

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN75F8000AF? What happened right before this?

Some time. before it went dead is was switching on and off by itself

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Let me know you are online please by replying in the box below thanks

still waiting

Still waiting?please read above

OK light is blinking, have you rebooted the set?unplugged from wall-power waited 5 mins replugged back in again?

did that
no succes

Clearly and judging by the lead up to this failure the main-board is bad and will need to be replaced is this something you think you can do yourself?

The only obstacle here is you are in S America so I do not know of suppliers there,its something you would need to google once you have the part-number of the board,let me know if you would be comfortable doing this

i will check

Check?

I just need to know if you will be comfortable replacing the main-board I then will give you more info

let you know

So I am assuming you are comfortable with this?I don't know what you mean by your replies

I will check=I am to assume you even know what the mainboard is?I do not know if you do

Let you know=seems to imply you will let me know the part-number of the mainboard when I do not know if you even know what the mainboard is??

Your taking your time replying..... I am out now.....

ok

You will need more info on this if you are to make a success of the fix goodbye for now

I am not sure it is the mainboard now it could be backlights I will opt out perhaps another tech can help

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.