TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV remote will turn on TV but not do any other function.

TV remote will turn...

TV remote will turn on TV but not do any other function

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Sony Bravia

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None. can only turn off or on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to fix thanks

3/24/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Sony please? How old is it? Also which remote are you using here- Sony remote? Or cable remote?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
KD- 60X690E
Sony Remote RMT TX300U

Thanks for the reply. What functions are you trying to access with the remote and what do you see on your TV screen right now please?

Are you still with me here??

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
KD- 60X690E
Sony Remote RMT TX300UI need to use functions like volume up and down mute access to Youtube and Netflix. Right now it is just the regular tv programing

Okay so you're saying that right now you cannot turn the volume up using the Sony branded remote- is that correct? Let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
can you voice call me

No thank you. I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

So you're saying that right now you cannot turn the volume up using the Sony branded remote- is that correct? Let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
KD- 60X690E
Sony Remote RMT TX300UI need to use functions like volume up and down mute access to Youtube and Netflix. Right now it is just the regular tv programing. Can you call me?

Once more- I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Have you tried changing the batteries on the Sony remote yet?

If you need help with something here simply send a reply back.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I've change the batteries in the remote. I've also taking the batteries out and pressed every button on the remote twice and then re-put the batteries in and tried again. No luck

Okay this generally means the TV's mainboard has locked up, and this may require repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Working on it now. I will let you know

Thank you. Standing by.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hey that fixed it thank you very much

Excellent and you're very welcome! Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
will do. Thanks
Aric, Technician