TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have sound thru external speakers but no picture. We have…

Customer Question
We have sound thru...

We have sound thru external speakers but no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

We have HDMI cables to tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not sure. But we’ve unplugged entire system and plugged back in

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV please? Also how old is it? Additionally- any signs of life on the TV itself (power light, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model Pro-111FD. 10 years old. Yes, blue power light is on

Thanks for the reply. Please grab the original Pioneer remote and press MENU- does the set's own MENU show up?

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Please grab the original Pioneer remote and press MENU- does the set's own MENU show up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it did redpond

It did? Okay, then what is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, home theater, DVD, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the menu, HDMI is grey

Please reply to the last question above.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have cable, Xbox, blue ray

Okay, are they each connected individually to the TV, or running through some sort of home theater or video switcher?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But why is HDMI control grey on menu list, when other options (channel, input, home media gallery and set up) are all lite?

Usually because the HDMI lost signal. But more importantly- are they each connected individually to the TV, or running through some sort of home theater or video switcher?

In other words- there's no signal being detected via HDMI at the TV end of things. So, I need to know if EACH of your sources are running through some sort of home theater or video switcher. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A switcher, I think. An infra remote
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
home theatre and universal remote

Okay, the switcher is likely the cause of the problem. You need to bypass that switcher as a test and connect one of the sources like the cable box DIRECTLY to the TV. Let me know if the signal comes back.

Please don't double post- it pushes my replies off the page. Okay, the switcher is likely the cause of the problem. You need to bypass that switcher as a test and connect one of the sources like the cable box DIRECTLY to the TV. Let me know if the signal comes back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That cannot happen. The tv is 30 feet from the cable box

Then I cannot help you.

TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 1 month ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service