TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Bought a LG 65UF6450 from HHGREGG 12/07/15 Brought home put…

Customer Question
Bought a LG 65UF6450...

Bought a LG 65UF6450 from HHGREGG 12/07/15 Brought home put in basement thinking the tv we had would die soon. Here we are 03/20/18 TV finally died brought up from basement unpacked from original package. Hooked tv up set up using on screen directions TV was fine for 3 hours then went pixaliy turned off thought it might just need to reset. When turned back on sound and black screen. Bought extended warranty on tv but warranty company won't call back. HELP PLEASE Eldon

Technician's Assistant: Is your 65UF6450 connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Hi Eldon, I'm Dan. Using the original LG remote, see if you can bring up the MENU. Or you can change the volume, and look for the volume indicator on the screen. Let me know if either of those things show up.

Nothing

Ok, let's narrow this down. Turn the TV off, and make the room as dark as possible. Get a good idea for how pitch black the screen is. Now turn the TV on and watch the screen. I know it’s still black, but did the screen seem to lighten up, even slightly?