TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp lc-52d62u tv, no pic or sound, TV is clicking trying…

Customer Question
Sharp lc-52d62u tv, no pic...
Sharp lc-52d62u tv, no pic or sound, TV is clicking trying to turn on and power led is greenreplaced psu board with new one from shop jimmy, but i am not getting 12V on pin 3 & 4 of PSU all other voltages are ok.any suggestions
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/24/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the part number on the board you replaced? Do you have any idea how this issue began?

this is a sharp 52d62u lcd TV, PSU was replaced with new one from shop jimmy. 184jqwz after replacement the following voltages are now presentCN570213.45v pin 12 AMP_13v
13.45v pin 11 AMP_13v
0V Pin 10 GND
0V Pin 9 GND
10.21v pin 8 10V
10.21v pin 7 10V
0v pin6 GND
0v pin5 GND
0v pin4 PNL 12V (-should be 12V)
0V pin3 PNL 12V (-should be 12V)
0V pin 2 GND
5.99V pin1 6VCN5703Pin1 PS_ON 2.91V
Pin 2 AC_DET 3.29V
Pin3 GND 0V
pin 4 PNL_POW 0V
pin 5 BU5V 4.98V
pin 6 GND 0Vits looks like PNL_12V is not present, which is why screen is not turning on.also on main board there are 2 RED led and another flashing red constantly

Monitor PNL_POW on CN5703 as you turn the TV on. Does that 0V ever change?

no change always at 0V

Sounds like one or both of the inverters are shorted. Do you get 12V on either of the PNL_12V pins if you disconnect the inverters and then make the measurement?

inverter boards disconnected at LA on PSU and LB on main board, still get 0V on PNL_12V

Hmm, disconnecting probably isn't a good test on this model. This is either a bad interver(s) or the main board. Hard to say right now. Clicking almost never points to the main board, though. Can you remove the inverters and examine both sides of the boards under a bright light to see if anything is odd?

on CN5702
0.24v pin4 PNL 12V (-should be 12V)
0.24V pin3 PNL 12V (-should be 12V)on CN5703
0V pin 4checked inverter no sign of damage, but on main board the is a red led that is constantly flashing
it almost looks like main board is not sending signal to turn on IC5702 on PSU with is the 12v regulator

If there are no signs of damage on the inverter, then yes I would agree that the main board is the most probable cause.

There is not a way to force 12V, and the red light doesn't not indicate anything significant. Suggest replacing the main board as the power supply seems to be operating properly and there are no obvious signs of failure on the inverters.