TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Power button turns on but just flickers tv does not turn on.

Customer Question
Power button turns on...

Power button turns on but just flickers tv does not turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Flashing green power light will not turn on tv

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV and how old is it?

LT55164
Tv is like 7 years old

Thanks for the reply. The green blinking light on a Mits LCD indicates a fault of the Mainboard and generally requires replacement of that part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Tried the steps listed. When I turned it back on, green light was still flashing

That's bad news I'm afraid. Please give me a minute to type this up.

Unfortunately this indicates the set's Minboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $55:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/mitsubishi-main-board-934c29001/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy9LVBRDOARIsAGqoVnswCGOUtNHz-qrPahIvHiulRBp1e821y1nNobZy_z07MVYvPbguehUaAh34EALw_wcB

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$300 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 46-50" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

What do you mea by minboard?

That was a type. Did you click on the link to the part? It's the "Mainboard".

"Typo". Ugh. Sorry.

Mainboard can be purchased for $50?
Just want to be sure?

Please scroll back to the answer. Click on the link I provided above. It takes you right to the "Mainboard" for your TV (your model is listed). The price on that part shows $55. That is the board that's needed to fix the TV.

Thank you

You're welcome and best of luck with the set. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?