TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new Samsung TV and the cord for my TV Ears does not…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Samsung TV and the cord for my TV Ears does not fit into the TV. We need a digital audio out plug

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

It is brand new and the 5 series

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No The model # is UN40M5300/UN40M530D

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN40M5300? What happened right before this?

When our neighbor put the TV together for my husband the TV ears cable did not fit into TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That would be all, thank you! We are in our late 70's and need help with this type of thing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The digital audio jack on these newer TV's won't work with the TV Ears without a converter (it's more than just an adapter cable, but instead is a box that converts digital audio to 1/8" stereo analog). That device can be purchased at the link below, and you will also need an optical cable.

The optical cable fits right into the "digital audio" jack on the TV, and then the other end into the converter.

From there you can plug the TV Ears into the converter and get the sound from the TV to work through the TV ears.

I'm pulling up links to those devices now.

Additionally the optical cable that's required is available at the following link:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dynex-4-digital-optical-audio-cable-black/9543782.p?skuId=9543782

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Did you need further assistance with anything here?