TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG 47LE5400 with no sound. I was watching TV and…

Hi! I have an LG 47LE5400...
Hi!
I have an LG 47LE5400 with no sound. I was watching TV and it just went out. Not sure how or why. Any suggestions please?
3/23/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

The first solution worked just fine. Thank you.