TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turned on my Emerson TV, the source was set to HDMI2,

Customer Question
and none of the remote...
When I turned on my Emerson TV, the source was set to HDMI2, and none of the remote buttons would respond. I can watch my Roku, but cannot access cable, change volume, or anything else. I tried a universal remote but it did not work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you please get me the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?also could you let me know the sets approx age please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LFA402EM6F, 2 or 3 years old

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No change

Are you using the ORIGINAL emerson remote?if so have you changed the batteries in the remote

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on both counts.

Again and only using the emerson remote please check it works by doing this>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM <<<click

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no light flickering.

In that case you are going to need a replacement remote,the universal is to be ignored here as its not reliable as it needs programming etc could you please re-check that model number it is not correct

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LF402EM6F. The 6 could be an 8, my eyes aren't very sharp.

OK found one (you put an extra letter in model number )

https://www.amazon.com/NH305UD-LF501EM4F-LC320EM3FA-LF402EM6F-LF461EM4A/dp/B01MAW3JN9 <<<click

If you need any more help let me know thanks

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

As a workaround to get the set going you may be able to use buttons on the set ITSELF to change inputs or sometimes there is a joystick on the back of the set

Let me know if you see any button s on the set itself

This workaround until the remote arrives

Please read ALL above

Laura are you there??

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 25 days ago

Just so you understand I am a independent technician using the site like you are the way this works is I provide the information and you rate me positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page the site then releases a payment to me otherwise I receive nothing here for helping you, note the question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician