TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What happened to the icons? It's hard to find a title among…

What happened to the...

What happened to the icons? It's hard to find a title among many on Netflix, etc. if they're just blank TVs.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Samsung 540. Icons worked fine last week

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. Same problem on all services thru Roku. No problem with menus on other HDMI inputs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Search function on Netflix, Amazon works. The "magnifying glass" search icon on Netflix works though it's the only one. Episode thumbnails not visible. The blue bar Netflix uses to show episodes already watched does work. No problem viewing any content if I can find it!

3/23/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick hooked to the Samsung TV?

Roku 2 box hardwired to router via Ethernet

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect Roku box power cord from the power outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

My Paypal account was already billed $26 despite the fact that I did not request a phone call or express service. I believed I would be billed only $5.Powered the Roku down per yr advice, now waiting 5 min.

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

/

It seems you paid the website $31 for this chat session

Powered back up, problem is fixed. Thank you so much!P.S. I'd still like to know how to recovert the extra $26!

Excellent, glad to know the problem is fixed, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
/

Typing more info about billing

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Plese contact customer service at(###) ###-####for any billing query

Thanks