TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Every 10 minuets the sound goes off. If I change the station…

Every 10 minuets the...

Every 10 minuets the sound goes off. If I change the station it come back on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It’s a 55 inch 6 series 4K ultra uhh about 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it doesn’t happen when we are watching “on demand” but all other channels. The menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

My husband went into picture in picture in error. About 2 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s it

3/23/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
We have cable and it’s only on regular cable but not on demand
Phone call session started

Thanks for phone call request, I accepted it and ready to make the phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you additional $26 on top of this chat session cost so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat

I would like to text chat first

Sure, we can continue in text chat, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I think it worked, thanks

Excellent, glad to know it worked and the problem is resolved

- Do you want me to make a phone call if you have any additional question OR want me to close the phone call request now?

Close phone call request now, thanks

Sure, I'll close it now, phone call charges $26 will be refunded to you soon

Thanks

Question got refunded?