TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony remote is not working at all. I've replaced the

My Sony remote is...

My Sony remote is not working at all. I've replaced the batteries and it still doesn't work so what now?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony product do you have?

It's remotely for a TV. The number on the remote is RMT-TX102U

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I don't know how old it is as my son gave it to me when her bought a new larger TV. I can't find any number on it but on the frame is the word "BRAVIA"

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I use Cox TV and the menu works, I can change stations but can't change the sound level

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

3/23/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

The number on the back of the TV is
KDL40R510C. There is a DVD player attached but I never use it

Thanks for the info

Please check the side panel of the TV for manual control buttons, does the TV respond when push volume button on the TV itself?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started