TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I set the timer on my TV last night go office in 120

I set the timer...

I set the timer on my TV last night go office in 120 minutes, which it did. I was unable to turn it back on this morning. Changed the batteries in the remote and still nothing. Is there a manual on and off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The TV was purchased in April 2016, it is a Vizio Smart TV model either E55-C2,Y

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It was working last night, unable to turn in on to see menu.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it, it was working fine last night and this morning NOTHING!

3/23/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

No, nothing. Tried looking for a manual on and off switch.

OK, please check the lower rear of the TV for a manual power button

Press it to see if TV turns On?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Phone call session started

Thanks for phone call request, I accepted it and ready to make the phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you additional $26 on top of this chat session cost so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat

Don't call.

No problem, I'll close phone call request and its charges $26 will be refunded to you very soon

Did you find the power button on the lower rear of the TV?

No, left or right side?
Must be on the back, nothing on the front.

It would be on the lower left on the rear of the TV if facing the TV screen

Checking now.
found the button, but TV still won't turn on.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Thanks, ***** ***** working.

Excellent, have nice time~