TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have no picture but i have volume. No the picture just…

Customer Question
I have no picture...

I have no picture but i have volume

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No the picture just went out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Do you only use the speakers on the TV or do you have a sound system or soundbar?

Tv speakers

Thank you. Could you provide me the model number of your TV?

UN50EH5000F

Before we dig into the more complicated troubleshooting, just to get a visual of what you see, do you have any picture such as numbers for a TV station or the input number showing when you turn the TV off and on?

Nope just black screen

One other thing I would like to try is if you can access the area where it is plugged into the wall or surge protector. Can I have you unplug it from the power. Then, hold down the power button on the TV. Let go and plug the power back into where it was plugged in and turn the TV back on.

Nothing just sound

Okay. Do you have other devices hooked up to the TV like a DVD player?

No just cable box. I’ve unplugged and replugged everything

Okay, it does sound like an internal board has gone out in your TV. How old is your TV?

Thinking 3 years maybe 4

Also, are you able to turn the tv on and off with the remote?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. It sounds like the mainboard is the problem. I can provide the part number to you if you want to attempt the work yourself. If you decide to hire someone, you are looking usually spending 2 to 3 times the amount of the cost of the part for labor as well.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-30139a-main-board-for-un50eh5000fxza-ij06.htm

It's easy to replace but requires a larger work space to access the back of the TV. However, sometimes other parts can go out if you've had a surge that popped other boards as well. Considering this part is out of stock on this site, you might be able to find it elsewhere or at a local TV repair shop. But weigh out the options because if other parts have gone as well, it could be cheaper to buy a new TV with a warranty.

I'm here to answer any other questions but before you go, if you don't mind giving me a quick rating on the top right (hopefully 5 stars). It's how I receive credit for helping you today.

Did you have any other questions for me?