TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The lower left hand corner of my screen is dimmer than the…

The lower left hand...

The lower left hand corner of my screen is dimmer than the rest of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Visio P552ui-B2 3yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your P552UI-B2? What happened right before this?

Noticed it yesterday

3/23/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How old is the set now please?

OK
you can just type. Thank you.

How old is the set now please?

If you try another input like a DVD player is it the same using that?

no thanks
the tv is 3 yrears old

Messages are being sent by the site not me please choose to ignore if not required thank you.....please scroll back up to my replies you have missed thanks

I only have the tv connected to a cable box and I reset the box with the same outcome.

OK let me explain this issue,its very likely to be bad back-lights within the panel ITSELF,now this is not very good because to replace the bad LEDs is very laborious,it can be done however but you could be looking at costs over $250,let me know what you think

Its sounding like the LED lamps in that area of the display could be bad

That was my initial thought also but I thought I would check that out first with a tech. They are still working but once you know that area is dimmer it is hard not to notice it.
Not worth the effort to fix.

Yes I understand and its not unusual one in every 4 questions we get here are similar to your one,sorry for dismal news on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Funny thing is it is not the whole 1/4 of the screen. There is like an area the size of a*****that is still brite. Make any sense to you?

Its the displacement of the light outside of this it could be the polarizors in the panel itself and that is a worse outcome because the panel is not replaceable economically,sounds like back-lights to me and Vizios do suffer from bad back-lights

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Thanks for your speedy reply.
Have a good day.

Your Very Welcome

Sorry its not better news thanks for the rating and tip ,much appreciated thank you

Anthony

Yes it is 100% an issue with the panel itself, this particular issue has been around for years we call it "clouding" and it can be hardly noticeable or it can be very bad and it can get worse its just one of the many issues that an LCD panel can throw up, panel failure/panel issues is very common I am afraid, its why I encourage people to get as much extended warranty with a TV as possible,its also common for a set to develop panel problems within warranty

Anthony