TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our remote xfinity doesn't seem to be working. We have two…

Customer Question
Our remote xfinity doesn't...

Our remote xfinity doesn't seem to be working. We have two DVR boxes. The main tv works the one that works off the wifi is not working.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Xfinity?

Yes. We did what it said to do several times, to know

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No. It just said to unplug the dvr. The modem has a battery backup so didn't think it would do any good to unplug it. I did unplug the router box that is attached to the modem. We started having the trouble after I saw an Xfinity truck in our neighborhood working on the outside boxes. He was working on a box near the entrance of our community and when I got ready to go back to work, he was working on the one outside between our house and the neighbors. I'm thinking there might be a problem in the neighborhood.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Let me check the tv

OK

I still don't have a signal on this tv
The dvr box works off of the other tv/dvr thru wifi

Have you contacted Xfinity?

thru the internet and they transferred me to you.
I guess I'll just try phoning them. My husband told me to do it thru the internet.

Xfinity would not transfer you to us.

Please call them to see if there is an issue in your area or if they need to schedule a service call

Ok. There was a guy from xfinity working in our neighborhood 2 days ago. That's when we started having issues.
Thank you for your time.

You're welcome