TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Sharp 72 inch Aquos. When we turn the television…

We have a Sharp...

We have a Sharp 72 inch Aquos. When we turn the television on the large Aquos logo in the center comes on. When we turn it on now, the television runs fine for less than 5 minutes at which time the logo begins flashing and the screen goes dark.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Aquos?

Yes, HTMI

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just the usual...I unplugged it and re plugged it...same result.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Does the power-light stay lit as though its still ON when it does this?

Power light flashes continuously when this occurs

OK I will now need the model number please found on the back of the set?

On Sharp sets model usually begins LC

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...
LC 70LE632U

OK the light will be blinking long and short blinks can you please tell me how many long and how many short blinks please?

I Believe they are continuous short blinks...they do not alternate long and short

No it will be long and short so light will be on long for long blin shorter for short blinks you may have 1 long 1 short?

Having someone at home checking...will get right back. Thank you.
5 short blinks then 2 long blinks

OK give me couple mins

Thank you!

I am afraid that is not very good news,its indicating LCD panel failure,unfortunately the panel is the entire viewing screen area and its looking like the panel has developed a short-circuit,this is what the code means,how old is the set please?

5 Years

5 years is considered the life envelope of a modern TV so that is at least one comfort,to replace the panel is not an option due to costs,I am sorry for dismal news here let me know what you think

Thank you...At least you didn't have to tell me the cancer is incurable!

Yes there are more important things in life.....like life itself

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars hopefully with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician