TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

All of a sudden all the channels have gone & regardless of…

Customer Question
Hi there, all of...

Hi there, all of a sudden all the channels have gone & regardless of which button I press all I get is static fuzz

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasoic

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Maybe 5 or mitre years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

Just happens -- was flick channels then this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Was ok until 10 mins ago -- tried to change channels on TV & they don't work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Hi Richard, switched everything off

Thank you

No I'd rather stay with tx
what now?

Complete the instructions I gave you please

Where's the power button on the TV?

Which model TV is it?

Don't know model - can take a pic & send to you

It will be written on the back of it

There's buttons on the back right side -- is it the bottom or top button -- whole row?
Sorry Richard -- TV is in a cabinet & I can't just pull it out

back right side

There's about 6 maybe 7 buttons back there
Surely they be in the same order regardless of which model it is

No, but they will have a power icon on it, usually first or last one

You mean torpor onto ?
I'll try switching the bottom one then the top - about 10 ti each?

ok thanks

Done -- next?

Let me know the results please

Will you still be online in 10 mins?

yes

My feeling is the remote isn't working because I was changing channels
Ok -- I'll be back in 10

thanks

Back - think it's been about 10
Still nothing but fuzz if that's what you call it

ok, replace the batteries in the remote, then press the input / source button till you get a picture

Let me know the results please

No pic - nothing--

replace the batteries in the remote, then press the input / source button till you get a picture

Let me know the results please

Menu box comes up with pic, then disappears

Did you do the instructions I have been repeated? Again repeated below

Let me know the results please

Well I don't have any new batteries & even if I did I don't have input source button on the remote

Every remote will have an input or source button or a way to switch between the channels, look for the button for this on the TV please

Don't think we're going to solve this tonight

Mate, that's not that easy, I have to pull the TV out of the cabinet

I understand but it is necessary sorry

What's more it's not easy because we've got video player attached & I have to unplug everything just to get to the back of the set
Also the cords are stretched tight

it is necessary sorry

Have to do on the remote somehow
No input or source buttons on bcak

ok, without knowing the model, the possibility to change the batteries in the remote or any real access Ill have to opt out for another expert to possibly assist you.

You do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over

Thank you

Thnx rich -- might be easier in the daytime
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.