TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lg tv was rebooted it’s askng for a password - can u help,

Lg tv was rebooted it’s...
Lg tv was rebooted it’s askng for a password ***** can u help, 42” about 4 years old nit smart tv
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

If it is asking for a parental code or pin, try 0000.

If you need something else, like your wifi password, please let me know and I'll explain further.

That didnt help - I entered that password ***** even tried to reset the password ***** 0000. The tv is still asking for the password ***** says 0000 is incorrect. The guide button on my service provider remote will it work if I try Guide. It says give me your password ***** will not accept 0000

When you press 0000, do those digits actually enter onto the screen, and then it rejects the code, or does it seem to not respond at all when you try the 0000?

No thank you - I paid $38 the $28 more for you to tell me to try 0000 which did not work

I didn't ask for anything more.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

0000 is the factory default. You may have previously changed it to something else.

Please answer my earlier question.

It rejects the code i've entered several times. 0000 - i even tried to change the code using 0000 and confirming the new code 0000 twice. No difference. Thank you.

If you unplug the power to the cable/satellite box, and leave it unplugged, does the request for a pin/code go away?

I don't know but i will try that when i get back over to my family members house. Good suggestion. Thank you.

You're welcome,

point being, if it does, then this is a box issue, and you'd want to call the cable/sat co.

If not, then it is an LG issue, next try using 0313, 0323, or 0325

Thank you Nathan

You are very welcome, and best of luck.

if you get stuck still, please get the full model number off the back of the tv for me.

Nathan, Installer