TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Saamsung after a power failure is stuck on hdmi3 and will…

Customer Question
Saamsung after a power...

Saamsung after a power failure is stuck on hdmi3 and will not move to any other port for more than4-5 seconds. there is a 'tick' on hdmi3 ???

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

There seems to be some significance in the tick on hdmi3. it was n ever there before.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Power off and unplug the TV then disconnect all cords from the rear, except the power cord.

Wait a few minutes, then plug it in and turn it on again.

Let me know if it is still stuck on HDMI3?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------