TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an insignia NS-55DR710NA17 that does not have a

Customer Question
I have an insignia...

I have an insignia NS-55DR710NA17 that does not have a picture or sound. I do not see any damage to the boards. The blue power light blinks, but the power does not come on. How can I get parts to repair the TV?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your NS-55DR710NA17?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

There was bad weather, but I was not home.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/23/2018
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician replied 1 month ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician
Does it have a standby light?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a blue power light that is blinking. The screen is black.
Ok is this a led tv or lcd?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess it is a led
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician replied 30 days ago
Ok you need a power board if you can send me your model number again and I’ll see if I can find the board and send you the link
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
NS-55DR710NA17
This is the link to the board they are easy to install if you need guidance YouTube helps a lot just copy and paste this link into your browser and it will take you to the part you need this should repair your tvhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232445341461
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks! I ordered the board.
Your welcome if you can send me a rating on the help that would help out thanks in advance
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Sam, I changed this board and there is no change. I tried the flashlight test and I can see the images on the screen. Any other suggestions?
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician replied 14 days ago
You back lights have shorted if you see a pic and no backlights when the old power board started to fail it shorted your tv led backlights
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I will need to change the backlights...right? Is the inverter board part of the power board. I do not see a separate board?
the the board had it built in but be careful changing backlights you could damage your screen
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Will do. Thank you so much!
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Any suggestions on where I can purchase the backlights?
you can also find those on eBay type in your model number and backlights on eBay and the should come up
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Thanks.
Your welcome
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician