TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm looking for a schematic for a Sanyo Model DS25830 TV.

I'm looking for a...

I'm looking for a schematic for a Sanyo Model DS25830 TV. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your DS25830?

It was manufactured in March 1989, so it's pretty old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, it starts OK and then after a few minutes it shuts itself down all except for the channel marker indicator which stays lit. Then after a while it comes back on for a while and then does the same thing over again.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your DS25830? What happened right before this?

It started about three months ago. Nothing happened out of the ordinary prior to that time. I usually only use it for about an hour or so in the morning and about a half hour at night. It's always worked just fine up till now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tube brightness is good and comes up quickly, contrast is good as well, audio is great and the remote works just fine. It's really a good TV for it's age

3/23/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Thank you Harry. Yes I do. I am trying to correct a problem in the TV. I need the schematic to help me understand what is happening and why. I'm perfectly capable of repairing it with the proper information. I have a technical background, so it won't be Greek.
All I really need is the schematic. I can do the rest.

Unfortunately, the TV is 29 years old so there isn't a schematic listed online for it.

OK. Thanks for trying. I'll just do what I can or toss it.
Thanks again

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, I know the bad news is not your fault. Of course I 'll give you five stars.. But I do have one question. Doesn't Sanyo have any archives where they keep records of old equipment that they sold?

They might but it is not available anywhere that I can see. You can try contacting them to see if they can pull something but I doubt it.

Harry, Customer Service