TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony TV purchased at Best buy in January. The

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony TV purchased at Best buy in January. The screen does some intermittent fluttering going on. Does this sound like something that can be repaired or do I need a new TV? Also this one is weird, but the CNN channel voices do not Scny with the voices. I did purchase the sound thingy also?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

I should have looked for that. It is a Brava900 or something close?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does work I believe but the wave like effect has been there for awhile. Purchased on Jan 20 I believe

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

In kind of crept up, some times a face will disappear but mostly it is like a wave effect runs accross the screen, but the size varies a lot and I thougt or recording in with my video, but it would be hard to catch. It is not doing it all the time?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes the other odd thing is that the sound bar is only awry when watching CNN. Very odd but goofy to listen to?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/22/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I thought this out over diner. I feel that the Best buy store that I bought it from in Racine WI can probably take care of the problem with out charging me to talk to them. So sorry to bother you, but this just seems like a bad and long winded way to take care of this problem. Have a great day.

No problem, good luck~