TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On light comes on for about 30 seconds, then starts to blink…

Customer Question
On light comes on...

On light comes on for about 30 seconds, then starts to blink on and off and no picture appears!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

I removed all but power

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/22/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

no picture comes on

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

what can be the problem?
Vizio, 37 inch, 3 years ago

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

e422va model number.
Tried that and the light just flashes and off and screen gets no picture.

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost more than a new 42" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

thanks

You're welcome.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.