TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My samsung LN46A550P3FXZC tv will not turn on.. it has been…

My samsung LN46A550P3FXZC tv...

My samsung LN46A550P3FXZC tv will not turn on.. it has been slow to turn over the past 3 months, but will not turn on today

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Samsung tv is about 8 years old and has been working perfectly, but has been very slow to turn on over the past 3 months... model is LN46A550P3FXZC

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes... if possible

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I dont think so...

3/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

Please do NOT open new questions for the same issue.

REPLY back here to me.

yea mike... currently online

Thanks. Please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord, turn on, test for normal operation.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

mike... i have already done that.... and no change...

Ok, one minute please

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? This issue is very common on this model. It is capacitors on the power board. If you can solder, there is a $10 kit. If you cannot the power board (plug and play) is $90. Let me know if you want to try DIY... If you cannot do either, the tv is not worth saving because repair shop labor is very expensive, more than a new 46" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

tx Mike for your response... I think I can solder... ie plumbing etc.... where would I find the $10.00 kit... and as well where would I find the $90.00 plug and play kit....Tx Bill
tx... regarding the TV is not worth saving

Capacitors only:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00202a-power-supply-repair-kit-capacitors-only.htm

Whole Board:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00202a-power-supply.htm

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
i think I want to try DYI.... tx Mike.... any suggested sites for the kit???

I just posted all of that here. Scroll up