TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE 2 NEW LC TV SETS. RECENTLY, I HAVE A MESSAGE ASKING…

I HAVE 2 NEW...

I HAVE 2 NEW LC TV SETS. RECENTLY, I HAVE A MESSAGE ASKING ME WHETHER I WANT AN UPGRADE: 04.70.36. MY NEW REMOTES DO NOT ALLOW MY APPROVAL. DIRECT TV IS MY PROVIDER. HOW TO PROCEED?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

I don't know. One is 60" and the other 50" Where will I find the model no?

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I believe all. The installer programed them into the new remotes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

POSSIBLY. I INSTALLED 4K WITH THESE SETS BUT THEV 4K STATION(S) SAY YOUR SET IS NOT EQUIPPED FOR 4K. IS THIS A PROGRAMMING PROBLEM WITH THE SETS?

3/22/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you check the model numbers for me, those are on a sticker on the back of the tv.

Initially, you need to use the original LG tv remote for this, and should be able to use the enter/ok button on the LG remote to click on the Install Now option on screen.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Nathan, Installer
Im looking for both next
Phone call session started

Thanks, ***** ***** me know when you have those handy and then I'll give you a call.

The 50" set no:OLED 55E 7P. Ill get the other model no. Can you describe the handset? Does it say LC on it?
even if I find the remotes they likely haven't been programmed for the set.

I assume you mean LG, but yes they should say LG on the bottom,

the remotes came with the tvs and are programmed for them right from the factory, all they need is batteries.

The handset is probably long and skinny, black plastic.

The other model no: LG 65EF 9500. Also, I found one LG remote

The remote will look like one of these: http://www.lg.com/us/magic-remote

the ok/enter/select button is the one in the center of the up/down/left/right arrow buttons

The LG remote is for 65EF. The request for up-grade is on 55E. Im not sure the request is/was made on 65EF

OKay lets stay with the 55 inch tv then,

if the remote doesn't respond at all, press and hold the home/house button for 15 seconds to pair it with the tv, then you should be able to follow the on screen prompts for getting the update to install

Im going to try that now. Are we going to talk by phone?
I tried the LG remote on 55 but while it turns the set off and on it doesn't operate other functions, including accepting the up-grade. Im now going to try the other set. Meanwhile, what does this up-grade do?
The up-grade notice does not appear on 65, and I now question that it ever did. Is the up-grade only meant for 55? What is the up-grade? Did you see my question re 4K? Pls respond to these three questions. (Im close to giving up.)
Are you still there?
Nathan, since I haven't heard from you since 1:33, Im giving up. Pls telephone me if you are prepared to continue.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Yes, I can call you but it seems there is no contact info on my end, can you send a number where I may reach you?