TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a model UN39EH5003FXZA Samsung television and last…

I have a model...

I have a model UN39EH5003FXZA Samsung television and last night it stopped working. I can't get it to come on. The red lite is lit but when you push the button it won't turn the tv on.

Technician's Assistant: Is your UN39EH5003FXZA connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes, it was but unplugged it and plugged into the wall outlet

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No but I moved it to another room so I inplugged it to do that. Also, the tv was connected to a cable box. (Frontier Communications)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

typing is fine.

Is anything on the screen? all black or error message or? Is the screen glowing slightly (might only be seen in a dark room)

Screen is black.

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will end up costing more than a new 40" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Did you get the message I just posted?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

Additional information. My wife was watch the Tv and the tv went off and cameback on. She went to the guide to change channel, she changed the channel and when picture came on it froze up. She shut it off but it wouldn't come back on

Did you read the replies I already sent? try refreshing this page and/or scrolling up

I did read you previous answer. I don't have any electronic experience so I would have to go to some one to fix. You are right, it would be cheaper to just buy a new onel

Ya, sorry about that.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician