TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV is Samsung UN55D6000. It turns on & off by itself

My TV is Samsung...

My TV is Samsung UN55D6000. It turns on & off by itself every 2-3 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your UN55D6000?

7 yrs, bought in 2011

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55D6000? What happened right before this?

It happened about a year ago, i think. then it was ok. now it happened again, and didn't go away

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I also noticed that when i connected an usb, it didn't show as a source

3/22/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

no. text is fine

i'm home next to tv

Please try this:

-disconnect ALL usb/hdmi/ant/cable/audio/video cables from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on/test for normal operation.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

i pluged in. can i connect antenna?

If the tv is On and staying on... I would recommend you perform a channel scan WITHOUT connecting the antenna to clear out the "bad stuff". Let it finish, exit. Then connect the antenna and do the channel scan again (with antenna).

it still turned off & on again
before i do the channel scan

Ah I see...

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. Let me know if I can assist with that, or anything further.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
i have some electronics experience, like upgrading my computer. if it's like open tv & changing a part, i think i can do it.
what part do i need it?

Main board - the one with all the audio/video jacks.

can you tell me exact part name and where i can buy it?
And some tips for replacing it.
Thank you so much

At least 3 versions, you need to get the back off your tv to verify so you get the right one. Good site for research - http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=UN55D6000+main

Be very careful with the tv screen it is easily damaged.

Thanks again

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.