TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio model D241-F1 I used as a monitor. When room…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio model D241-F1 I used as a monitor. When room power is turned off all room equipment is off. When room power is turned on, all equipment except the Vizio monitor is power up.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your D241-F1?

Can the monitor be programmed to stay on.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I only use the HDMI input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your D241-F1? What happened right before this?

It's a brand new monitor never used before.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/22/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are you saying all room equipment automatically turns on without having to press their power button? The Vizio has a power button to turn the TV on. Let me know exactly what you're referring to here.

The equipment is in a museum .. at night all equipment is turned off at amaster switch. In the morning the master switch is turned on. All equipment is active except thye Vizio monitor. Is there some way to program the vizio monitor to stay on without manually turning on the switch?

No there is not. And for a Museum I would recommend something more robust than a Vizio. These sets are neither designed for continuous daily duty nor up to commercial use.

TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello, and sorry to hear you're having trouble, do you need more help with this?