TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Its all black with a bunch of vertical lines rite in the…

Customer Question
Its all black with...

Its all black with a bunch of vertical lines rite in the center

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

E320-ao

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Its roly three yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Just came in and turned it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No never had any problems before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/22/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

didnt change anything still black screen with stripes in center it does have sound and changes channels

If you switch to a different input source, do you still see the lines?

TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago

Thanks

It is the Tcon board responsible for the display that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you