TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to split HDMI outlet to 3 inlets on 3 TVs. 2016

I want to split...

I want to split HDMI outlet to 3 inlets on 3 TVs

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

2016 Jaeger 42" and 2015 TCL both have standard imputs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Jarger receives Foxtel on MDMI !

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCL? What happened right before this?

TCL receives on MDMI 3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Connected a new Foxtel ICQ3 box replacing previous FOXtel IQ model which worked fine. reason for change Updating Foxtel Box

3/22/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What exactly do you mean by "split"? Put more specifically, an HDMI connection is a digital video connection. It's not like an antenna or basic cable feed. So, even if you could or did split an HDMI signal, you would simply see the same video and audio at both the outputs of the split.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I have 1 HDMI outlet on my Foxtel Box. I want to watch the same program on both TVs. At the moment I can only watch same program on each TV by removing HDMI cable from Foxtel Box and plugging in the second TV then first TV doesn 't obviously receive anything
I don't need to phone

Unless getting an extra cable box will be quite costly for you, I wouldn't recommend going the route of trying to split the cable. This is especially true if your TV's are different sizes and run in different default resolutions. If you really feel the splitter is the only way you can go, then you'll need to get a good one, because there are issues of resolution and HDCP with HDMI that fail with many of the lower cost "splitters" out there. Here is a splitter and combined switch that is well reviewed for this task.

https://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5704&seq=1&format=2

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician