TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We recently purchased a OLED55B7T TV. I am trying to used…

Customer Question
We recently purchased a...

We recently purchased a OLED55B7T TV. I am trying to used Freeview. When I get into a replay it often cuts out somewhere during the replay and goes back to live TV (to date I have only used it on the ABC) I imagine it has lost the internet connection. When I get the replay back, it starts at the beginning again. I cannot find a fast forward method or pause play, etc. Is it available. Seem strange if not available given my problem above.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your OLED55B7T?

Purchased on 26/12/2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

With some delay, I have turn to live ABC tv, hit the green button and it goes to the abbreviated menu and I go to search and find the replay I am looking for. After the green menu, I have then gone to the full menu with the yellow button, but have not used it. That is the only thing I have done. Have not used anything else.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your OLED55B7T? What happened right before this?

I have only just started using the freeview function (about a week ago) and have watched about 3 shows. One show worked fine. one stopped and went backed to live tv after just starting. The one today, which my wife is watching got about 20 minutes into a 57m replay and stopped and went back to live tv. It is now on again and after 20m has just passed where it was up to the first time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/22/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I have done that and have a replay from the ABC on. It has been on for about 50 minutes without an issue. I shall keep an I on it and replay a couple of shows tomorrow that we want to watch, to make sure it is more stable.
In relation to the question I asked about whether, on my LG TV, in Freeview, I can fast forward or rewind or pause, etc, do you have an answer to that. It would seem strange that such an ability is not somehow available.

No sorry, for this one you cannot as it only provides the basic function for this.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

I was watching the show on replay and it got within a few minutes of the end when it suddenly went of. Although the screen was black with some coloured bits looking a bit like a pretty firecracker. I could hear the sound from live tv. I hit the back button and it went to the normal live tv.

Ok, try playing content from another store such as a DVD player, do you get the same issue?

Have not got a DVD player. Seems to be working pretty well, now. Replayed a show today and it worked fine.

You are using a freeview box to view freeview?