TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is not my computer. It is my Toshiba TV. I took it apart…

It is not my...

It is not my computer. It is my Toshiba TV. I took it apart today to clean the DVD player. Now I have white screen. How can I fix the screen s

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

The model no 26LV610U. I think it is about 15 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No nothing but a white screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 26LV610U? What happened right before this?

I took it apart today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I unplugged a some wires on the inside of the tv

3/22/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What kind of "take apart" are we talking about here? Total disassembly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Took the back the back completely off and plugged one wire harness

It sounds like the LVDS cable has been disconnected. Do you know which cable that is?

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK what is the LVDS cable

Post a picture of the back of the TV with the cover removed and I will mark it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Post it where

Here in the chat. If you're on a computer, there's an "Add Files" next to your send button.

If the photo is good enough quality, I'll even be able to zoom in and find what the problem is.

Yes, I did. On >>THIS BOARD<< you need to find the connector (on the other side of the board) labeled CP2800. That's where the LVDS cable goes.

The other side of the cable goes to the screen. When that cable is disconnected or broken, you get a solid white screen.

OK, in >>THIS DIAGRAM<< I marked where the cable connects to the board. Don't try to read the words on the diagram, because I had to flip the picture around a few times so it matched the orientation of your picture.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thank you

Were you able to check that cable? Even if it is connected, it would be wise to disconnect it on both ends and then reconnect it securely. If that doesn't work, replace the cable because it may be damaged (check ShopJimmy.com for parts). And if a new cable doesn't help, then you may have damaged the timing control board and/or the main board which are the 2 boards that are connected by the cable. If that's where you end up, it would probably be best to let a local servicer do some troubleshooting and then replace the board(s).

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found that cable and plugged it in. Now the tv works again. Thank you for all your help.