TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv doesn’t turn off when I unplug it. Can’t get on the…

The tv doesn’t turn...

The tv doesn’t turn off when I unplug it. Can’t get on the internet. Netflix and Hulu stopped working

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes

3/22/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV? Also, if it doesn't shut off when you unplug it, then you're unplugging the wrong cord. The TV's power cord being unplugged will remove ALL power from the TV. Let me know what TV you're having the problem with.

Simply view my reply and send one back to proceed.

Aric, Technician
I can’t find the model number. The TV is on the wall and I can’t see the back

How about a brand? Age? Anything?

Samsung new

Double check which power cord is the TV's power cord and unplug it from the outlet. The TV will shut off if you unplugged the correct cord- it has no way it can stay on. Let me know once you've located the correct power cord.

stevenl1469
Phone call session started