TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp lc52d62u tv won't power on. Tv was already unplugged…

Customer Question
Sharp lc52d62u tv won't...

Sharp lc52d62u tv won't power on

Technician's Assistant: Is your LC52D62U connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes tv was already unplugged an plugged in

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Please send me to a qualified repair person

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are there currently ANY signs of life on the Sharp please (power light lit or blinking, etc.)? Or does it appear completely dead?

clicking noise, let trying to power up and solid green power light

That directly indicates a failure of the Mainboard in the set, and generally requires replacement of that board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

here are my voltages on the connectors CN 701 top of connector 4.98V, 0V,0V 3.29V, 2.91 V bottom
CN702 top 13.41V, 13.41v,0V,0V, 9.97V,9.97V,0v,0v,9.24v,0.24v,0v,6v