TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a smart tv that after move doesn’t connect to WiFi.

I have a smart...

I have a smart tv that after move doesn’t connect to WiFi. Is this problem repairable?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

You tube

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Internet connection is good. I have a satellite recover attached to tv for international channels (for my mom) and it works all the time.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

It’ tv not connecting to internet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer:***@******.***

3/21/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m at work right now. Can we connect this afternoon when I get home?I don’t have the serial number.

Sure, we can continue it at a later time when you're near the TV

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Shahid.
The serial number of my Samsung tv is Z55V3CYC702102B.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Shahid. Sorry I didn’t get back yesterday. It was too late.The serial number is:Z55V3CYC702102B.

Hi, sorry for delayed reply, just logged on the website

I need TV model number that would be written nearby the serial number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
UN46ES6150FXZA
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Version TS01

Thanks

- Did you move the TV from one room to another OR from a different place, city, town etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It happened after we move to a new house.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s not internet connection. I have tested that.

ah OK, it seems you would need to run Network setup on the TV menu to establish a fresh wifi connection with the wifi modem, have you done that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It doesn’t detect anything.

This is odd, just to clarify, is there any other device such as a laptop, tab, cellphone etc connected to the same wifi modem and works fine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My laptop and another modem for international tv channels are connected to WiFi.

OK, it seems wifi module/ board inside the TV isn't working/ has failed for some reason and needs to be replaced, it is a small circuit board that works with wifi modem signals. Please click the following link to view wifi board image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un46es6150fxza

An average handy person can replace it easily by removing the back cover of the TV safely. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue, I trust my input will help you out
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will check the first site out. I thought it was hardware failure and didn’t know how to fix it.

Much welcome, since TV doesn't see any network when searching wifi networks that is definitely wifi board failure

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician