TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The thing is that my tv it’s on it’s has sound but the

Hello the thing is...

Hello the thing is that my tv it’s on it’s has sound but the problem is that it shows the channel y it doesn’t it shows and it doesn’t like blinking

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

55 and it’s about year in a half

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The think it’s thats I bought it open box with out a control and when I put in in input it doesn’t blink but if I put it in cast and dvd it blinks

3/21/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
I have the cable box connected and dvd song
Phone call session started

Thanks for phone call request, I accepted it and ready to make the phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you additional $26 on top of this chat session cost so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat

Please intimate your phone number here to make that phone call

Never mind i change my mind we can do it my here

No problem, we can continue it here, I'll close your phone call request and its charges $26 will be credited to you soon

- Does the screen glow/ show Vizio logo when turning On TV power?

It doesn’t show the logo when turning on TV but when it’s on it shows the Channel about for two second and then it goes to black for two second and go right back to showing the channel and it repeats
It just does that

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

It still does the same thing

Sorry to hear that

We need to verify the TV with a different video source/ device now, can you connect a DVD player to the TV as a test, select the correct input source on the TV to see if TV shows DVD playback picture?

It shows dvd playback but it does the same thing also

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, it seems the mainboard internal failure that is causing the problem and replacement of the mainboard is needed to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then you can get replacement mainboard from the following supplier if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e55-d0

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

Thank you so much

Much welcome, I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble

Wish you the best~

Sorry I’m back I was wondering when em I going to wet my 26 refund back?

I have forwarded the phone call request to customer service and $26 will be credited to you soon

Thank you

Thanks