TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to connect a vizio sound bar to a samsung tv and have…

Customer Question
Trying to connect a...

Trying to connect a vizio sound bar to a samsung tv and have no direction.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

dolby audio

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I have two cables one optical which will not connect to any connection on the tv and the other is a orange digital connection.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to know what i need to hook up and how?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What is the model of your TV, and what is the model of your vizio sound bar?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

samsung un55mu6290f vizio sb36un-e8
no

Phone support would make this much easier and faster to solve. I sent you an offer for that, and if you'd like to accept it, I can connect with you right away.

I'm not pulling up that vizio as a valid model. However, take a close look at the input/output ports on the sound bar. You may have HDMI connections on there. Let me know if you do.

I have a usb and 2 optical ports
one digital port

There is a digital optical output on the back of your TV. Connect it to the optical input on the soundbar. This should make it work.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

tv has a optical connection that i can not connect to. What would be the best and easy way usb cable?

I'm not sure I understood your last reply, but I think you are saying you do not have an optical cable. The solution here is to get an optical cable, because your bar doesn't have HDMI. The USB will not work for your setup. Here is a link to an optical cable. You can also pick them up at walmart, best buy, etc. This will work.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B00NH11H38

thanks

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.