TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can't change channel with remote. Only one channel is

Customer Question
Can't change channel with...

Can't change channel with remote. Only one channel is received

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

It is a Panasonic. Old model. About 1997

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

I changed the batteries in the Comcast remote. That did not help.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- Do you use Comcast remote to change the channels on the TV?

Here are possible model # for the Panasonic TV : CT 27G 33, CT- 32G33 & CT 36G 33. It was purchased about 1993 & the numbers on TV are not readable.
Yes I use the Comcast remote to change channels on this TV.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Unplugged for 10 min. Did not remedy problem. Still cannot change channel.

Sorry to hear that, let me repost this question for other techs to look into it

Thanks

TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

The channels are changed in the Comcast box (which is controlled by the Comcast remote). Since rebooting the box did not fix the issue then your next step is to call Comcast directly since they own the box and remote and rent it to you monthly and as such are responsible for it's reliable performance. The issue is not the TV itself since channel changing occurs in the cable box- not the TV.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Now that you have figured out the problem, I would like my $5.00 deposit refunded from my credit card. Thanks.
I'm not a billing agent or site employee- just a tech here, so you would need to handle your own refund using the site help pages.