TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Vizio twenty-four inch TV wont turn on. I bought it eight…

Customer Question
My Vizio twenty-four inch...

My Vizio twenty-four inch TV wont turn on. I bought it eight months ago at Target

Technician's Assistant: Is your twenty-four connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes, I believe so. My other TV is working 100%

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No... I must confess I'm an 84 year old widow living alone. Do I just unplug it on the wall?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it has worked well since new in July and now won't turn on. I replaced the batteries in the remote and it make no difference.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 29 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv, if possible?

In the meantime, could you see if the tv will respond to its own onboard power button? You should be able to find this on the back of the tv, at the bottom right hand corner (just a single small square button)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am grateful that someone told me to unplug my TV for a few minutes and it now works! However as I was waiting out those minutes, and feeling negative about the TV working, I paid on my visa, $5.00 to continue with help. Now I don't need. the assistance! May I have a refund please?***@******.***

This is a paid support service, it is not free help. We are all independent techs here working in good faith to respond to your question and work with you on the issue, even just for that initial suggestion you wouldn't get this help from vizio.

I'm glad to hear it is working again for you. Do you need any further help or is everything still ok now?

Nathan, Installer