TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 4 year old, 50" LG HDTV and I the 3 HDMI ports

I have a 4...

I have a 4 year old, 50" LG HDTV and I the 3 HDMI ports don't seem to work. Is it expensive to repair this?

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

4 years old. Model 50LN5700-UH

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Whenever I turn it on, I get a no signal message. I've tried all 4 sources/inputs with the same result.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50LN5700? What happened right before this?

This happened a week ago in the middle of watching a program when the screen went blank except for the "no signal" message. I replaced the cable box and it didn't help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just whether it's worth repairing or should I buy a new TV but not an LG as other people I know have had similar issues.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you interested in DIY or just estimate for a local repair shop to do it?

Just an estimate of the cost to repair

Keep in mind, most shops charge $100 up front for an estimate like this...

In home estimate- $100

Parts - $150

Labor- $100

Total- $350

There may be other options... Are you just using this tv with a cable box? or other devices as well?

Just a cable box and blue tooth DVD player

Maybe you mean Bluray player? Is that also connected to the tv with HDMI? Is there no picture on that as well?

I do mean blue ray and that doesn't work either, it's hooked up to HDMI.

Ok. Have you tried rebooting everything by unplugging ALL the POWER cords (tv, cable box, bluray player) for 3 full minutes?

Also, have you tried going into the TV MENU with the original LG remote and performing "INITIAL SETTING" in the OPTION menu?

Also, please check if the TV has the latest SOFTWARE version under SETTING>GENERAL>ABOUT.

Thks. I'm done.

You're welcome. Would you like to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question?

Sure

Thank you so much. You can reply back any time for more assistance.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician