TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

One day my son went to turn on the tv and it made a pop

One day my son...

One day my son went to turn on the tv and it made a pop sound and nothing happened, no picture or sound, even the indicater showing that tv is turned on wont lite up.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No, they were but it still wont turn on. By the way I am a cable installer so I know the basics to check for.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

3/21/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

I just paid the 26 dollars requesting your phone call. Are you going to call me?
why the hell did I pay the $26 for?

The site sent you a phone call offer. I am not available by phone, but another expert may be. In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started

Looks like another expert just agreed to call you.

If you still want to continue this chat.... reply back here with the tv model number.