TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a DVR hard drive error code 5...I have my cable tv on…

Customer Question
I have a DVR...

I have a DVR hard drive error code 5...I have my cable tv on but not able to change channels due to the error code...what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Samsung smart Tv qn55q7f 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I’m doing it off the TV and went to settings npbut I can’t find any info to do anything..,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My TV is working....I’m able to change channels but I will intermittently get a box stating that my hardware on the DVD has an error code 5 and to call someone on it otherwise it mite effect something down the road...is the jist of it...so wanted to no what this means...

Who is your TV provider?

Charter

Yes, the error code 5 means that the box will fail at some point. It could be today, tomorrow, or next year but I would recommend contacting them to ask for a replacement box (it is free of charge)

this is not a TV issue but a modem box problem? I wasn’t really sure what they were talking about...

Yes, it is a box issue; not your TV.