TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture went off; Power light is flashing. Tried everything.

Customer Question
Picture went off; Power...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sharp LC-52D64U; about 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing goes on.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LC-52D64U? What happened right before this?

Started today. Have been getting vertical colored lines on both far sides of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can tell you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/21/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If you've tried everything, please tell me what type of assistance you're looking for here today- are you looking to repair the TV yourself? Looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate? Etc.?

Also, please check the pattern of that blinking (for example: 2 short blinks followed by 2 long blinks, etc.) and I can pull up the code.

one blink per second

What have you tried specifically please?

One blink per second. For the $2500.00 I spent on this TV ten years ago, I'd like it repaired!

This TV can be replaced for $400 today. I will opt out as your TV requires repairs and are not cost effective.

Great; thanks.
I would guess the recommendation would be to discard the unit!
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. It looks like Aric had to step away. Are you looking for some help in repairing your TV, or have you decided to replace it?