TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am told the HDMI is completely out on my TV. Any prayers.

Hi I am told...

Hi I am told the HDMI is completely out on my TV. Any prayers

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I can get it about 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menue works, all hdmi ports not working, the verizon people are sending a new cable but I think its the ports, for my apple tv is out as well

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Apple? What happened right before this?

I think a power surge, cable went out 1st

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don`t think the model matters, its the HDMI

3/21/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Yes the model matters since the HDMI's not working indicates a hardware failure with the TV. Reply back with the model number off of the back of the TV if you would like help.

Send a reply back if you need help.

LT 55265 purchased 2011
no I am on fixed income , very short cash

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, it's not only a cable box that's not working, but also an Apple TV device- both of which connect via HDMI, correct?

Also were there any storms or power outages just prior to this occurring?

I'm not sending that phone call offer- website does that automatically.

Just to confirm, it's not only a cable box that's not working, but also an Apple TV device- both of which connect via HDMI, correct?

Hello?

yess northeaster
apple connects to HDMI as well

Thank you. This is not uncommon and generally means the HDMI processing on the Mainboard has failed and that board needs to be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and displays HDMI normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

i will try now

Okay, standing by.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

If you're having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's HDMI processing on the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $150 (but is currently showing as out of stock):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-934c396001-main-board.htm

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $300-$350 parts and labor, which may or may not be cost effective as a brand new 46-50" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

thank you i will try for parts

You're welcome- you can use the part number at that link to search. Other than that, do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
any other place for parts

Use the part number at that link and Google for any available sources.

The part number is *****: 934C396001

I can tell you that Mits Mainboards are near impossible to find as it's their most common failure.