TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Will not turn on with remote or side buttons. Just blinking…

Will not turn on...

Will not turn on with remote or side buttons. Just blinking red light rather than green. Model number. 50PF7220A/37

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone or tablet

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turning off from power source Remote and side buttons

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just blinking red light

3/21/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How old is the Philips set please? Also is there any pattern to the red blinking light (for example: 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, etc.)- let me know.

Are you there and do you need assistance?

Maybe 10 years old. 3 short blinks 6 longer blinks

Thanks for the reply.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

I'm not available by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent.

Will try hard reset

Thanks, ***** ***** know.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Aric, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Really didn’t need to call to tell me to buy a new TV. Tried his solution which did not work but he called before I could respond. Please credit me for call extra charge when he could have e-mail me that answer Thanks

You're replying to me- not the person who called you. I also don't handle charges or billing. I'm not privy in any way to the phone call that transpired. So if you want to reply here to me, then tell me what happened.

Refunds are handled using the site help pages. My name is ***** ***** the way....the person who called you was someone else.

So are you still getting a 3 short blink/6 long blink code??

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $115:

https://www.ebay.com/i/192460791000?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Aric said he did not call me so please credit me the extra $26. Thanks. Please also cancel my membership

Again, you're replying directly to me here. Handle billing and those issue by using the site HELP PAGES not by replying on this page please. Thank you.