TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung tv audio has a rubber square that prohibits the…

Customer Question
My Samsung tv audio...

My Samsung tv audio has a rubber square that prohibits the Visio sound are from attaching completely. How can I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes but the one marked "audio" has a square that prohibits your connector

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

The ones sent with your soundbar

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm 77 and too untrained to know what to ask. Shall I send a picture of the connection?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/20/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That connection on the Samsung is for an OPTICAL CABLE. I have no way of knowing what cable you're trying to connect there, but if it's an optical cable- you simply push it into the jack. Since I have no idea what cable you're trying to use, please postback with the model number of the Vizio soundbar.